The Materials Science and Engineering Department is committed to providing its undergraduate and graduate students with a comprehensive engineering experience that goes beyond classroom education. Through the college’s excellent academic support programs, students are encouraged to perform co-op and internship assignments with global industrial partners and investigate solutions to engineering challenges at one of the research centers on campus or at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.Our ultimate goal is for our graduates to have the education, training, skills and experience they need to be successful in their chosen career. This is why we are the FUTURE of engineering education and research.
- University of Tennessee’s Chapter for the Materials Research Society
- Laboratory Safety Training slides 2016
- Five-Year BS/MS Program in Materials Science and Engineering
- MSE Undergraduate Advising
- Request Technical Service Form
- Center for Global Engagement (Formerly Called Center for International Education or CIE)