Joint UTK Associate Professor
Carbon materials, natural fiber composites, composite processing, biopolymers, adhesion, rheology, thermal analysis, kinetic modeling, mechanics.
PhD, Civil Engineering, Washington State University, 2003
MS, Civil Engineering, Washington State University, 1998
BA, Physics, West Virginia University, 1995
- V. Garcia-Negron, N. Phillip, D. Wood, C. Daniel, J. Li, D. J. Keffer, O. Rios, D. P. Harper. Processing-Structure-Property Relationships for Lignin-based Carbonaceous Materials used in Energy Storage Applications. Energy Technology. 2016. DOI: 10.1002/ente.201600646.
- O. Hosseinaei, D. P. Harper, J. J. Bozell, T. G. Rials. 2016. Role of physicochemical structure of organosolv hardwood and herbaceous lignins on carbon fiber performance. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b01828.
- R. Bennett, D. P. Harper, J. Lloyd, A. Taylor. 2016. Impact of preservative ports on bridge tie strength. Forest Product Journal. In press.
- N. Meek, D. Penumadu, O. Hosseinaei, D. P. Harper, S. Young, T. G. Rials. Mechanical, interfacial, and structural lignin carbon fiber characterization and composite panel manufacture. Composite Science and Technology. 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.compscitech.2016.10.016.
- J. Tao, O. Hosseinaei, L. Delback, P. Kim, D. P. Harper, J.J. Bozell, T.G. Rials, N. Labbé. 2016. Effects of organosolv fractionation time on thermal and chemical properties of lignins. RSC Advances. DOI: 10.1039/c6ra16296g.
- R. Bergman, D. Reed, A. M. Taylor, D. P. Harper, and D. G. Hodges. 2015. Cradle-to-Gate Life-Cycle Inventory of Switchgrass Fuel Pellets in the Southeastern United States. Wood and Fiber Science. 7(2), 2015, pp. 147-159.
- T. Starr, D. P. Harper, T. G. Rials. 2015. The effects of electron beam irradiation dose on the mechanical performance or red maple. Bioresources. 10(1) 956-969.
- N. Cetin, N. Ozmen-Cetin, D. P. Harper. 2015. Vinyl acetate-modified microcrystalline cellulose-reinforced HDPE composites prepared by twin-screw extrusion. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 39: 39-47.